Social icons

Daisybutter - Hong Kong Lifestyle and Fashion Blog

A little list to refer to when you're feeling tired, stretched or missing home.
How Mum cuts the crusts off your sandwiches, adds a sprinkle of pepper to soups and makes the best congee · Being greeted by all of your organised clutter after a busy day outdoors · Having to press a particular remote control button extra hard because of overuse · Little Bertle and Eric having their morning stroll together in search of kale and strawberries - their favourite · Somehow always having a never-ending supply of toilet paper/toothpaste/soap/cotton wool pads/kirby grips · Hot chocolate in your old favourite mug · Having your 'leave the house in a rush' routine down because of all those school day lie-ins · The comforting dipped-in sofa · Embarrassing family photos at every corner · Bubble baths! · Home is where the perfect tea is · Fondly remembering the lights-off crawl up stairs · Knowing the perfect balance of objects for switching lights off with miscellaneous parts of your body · Full fridges. End of · A perfectly made bed with fresh sheets · Loved ones by your side for every laugh, cry and ridiculous memory.

19 comments

  1. I don't know how you do it, props to you. Always having content (enjoyable and readable content) consistently uploaded onto your blog! I look forward to reading these each time, keep up the good work and I hope your doing well in your new home away from home! ^^
    I can relate (except for the mug part), and also food on the table ready waiting for you before heading out to take charge of your day! Ah, missing my mother's cooking. >.<'


    whispersofanarcissus.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh sheets at bed time is one of the greatest feelings ever! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a simple and yet gorgeous idea for a post - I'm totally hooked on your blog! I'm definitely bookmarking this post for future reference when I'm needing something to cheer me up. The majority of these would be on my home comforts list too :)
    Eilidh xx


    http://herprettystateofmind.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a thoughtful and sweet comment to start my day with! Wow, thank you Jun-Ying ^^ so pleased that you like my blog! To be quite honest, I spend about 80% of my days writing because writing is just the thing I love most (the other 20% is spent reading or obsessively playing Sims).

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100%! Even better when Mum or Dad has decided to surprise you by changing them for you - one of life's little pleasures because, in stark contrast, what is worse than attempting to change a double bed on your own?! Actual workout-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh what a lovely comment Eilidh!! Thank you SO much, this has put a huge smile on my face. So pleased you liked it - off to have a browse of yours now! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely loved this post Michelle! x

    SophiesMakeupBlog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! Makes me appreciate all the little things I have at home :)

    x Valerie from Valerie Randomness

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha yes I know, I get so hot and flustered! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Georgina HattonWoods6 January 2015 at 12:14

    I love this post - really sweet idea!

    Brunette in Louboutins

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw thank you Valerie - I just wanted a simple list of comforting things to refer to when I have my homesick moments! (Currently super ill and feeling sorry for myself, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw thanks Charlotte! Yes, me too! Despite now being able to sip the infamous HK style milk tea, absolutely nothing beats the perfect English breakfast tea back at home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a great way to express yourself :) and for some reason I imagined the last part about "sims" was "Pokemon"?! XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww hopefully you'll feel better soon ^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a really sweet post and so true x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photo, so cosy! I really enjoyed home over Christmas... can't wait to go back and visit again! Happy new year, hope everything is good with you and you're enjoying your new home! I can't believe you're now based in Hong Kong, I bet it's amazing there xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a sweet post! Perfect for miserable grey days like today :) thank you! xx

    Little Miss Katy | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Michelle Chai 2015. Designed by Berry Vary. Powered by Blogger.

Instagram