Bit of a spontaneous and, for once, unscheduled post but I wanted to document 14 things I learnt from one of my best years yet.
- Reconnecting with friends I’d known since the age of 11 was worth the nerves.
- When you finally get to stop the daily London commute, you’ll pick up public transport induced anxiety* instead.
- How to spell miniature and separate without using a dictionary.
- Holidaying in Morocco with four bloggers who happen to be some of your best friends will get your year off to a good start.
- … It’ll also leave you with the knowledge that you could very well have been exchanged for a camel or a used cable.
- Investing in a leather jacket means you’ll almost never have a bad outfit day.
- My little sister is my best friend, no matter how far apart we are.
- Never underestimate the power of a well-brewed coffee.
- Nothing compares to the pride you feel of your first sofa.
- Dramatic pre-flight doorstep moments DO happen. Mascara tears happen.
- Wear shoes that stay on your feet if you go out in Lan Kwai Fong.
- How to take a long-haul flight on your own whilst crying Lauren Conrad style.
- There are some people who just ‘know’ and you’ll never feel awkward around.
- Jumping in to the unknown with both feet was the best and most unexpected thing I ever did.
* I realise this is a big, big claim so if you’d like me to elaborate on this in a future post or via your comments, I can.