a (cosy) week in photos5.12.10
1. It was so cold this week! I was "forced" to start lighting my candles in order just to keep relatively warm in my room. On this note, no matter how amazing the Ikea candles department smells in-store, once lit, I was actually really disappointed with their candles, mine didn't scent my room in the slightest! Was quite fun to snap away at the flickering fame and pretend to be a photographer and all that though! ;) *wannabe*
2. The studio set-up for Leanne's photoshoot on Monday! We managed to get the most used and battered backdrop ever, and it was so busy that no-one was around to fix it or install a new one. Either way, it was really fun to shoot, if not tiring!
3. On Monday, I also received my jewellery picks from Sarah. Pop over to her blog and Etsy for beautiful handmade goodies! I'm still loving the adorable packaging and miniature shipping tag on the box!
4. This was my outfit of choice for Tuesday's cocktail night out with the girls. We actually had a pretty good night, and it even started snowing outside! Realised midway through drinking games and Malibu + Cokes that Aiden Grimshaw (from the X Factor!) was performing in that same bar... on Wednesday night. Fail! Also, from the looks of this photo, I'm gonna have to face that my H&M bodycon skirt has had its' day: look how stretched and baggy it's gotten!
5. My newest addition to my lipstick collection arrived on Wednesday (I'm gonna say Wednesday, even though I can't remember!) I highly recommend Cut A Caper, its a lovely coral pink colour, and nice and sheer for those who are afraid of colour like myself!
6. The scene in my room on Wednesday night. Late, on Wednesday night. I actually managed to get my entire Magazine Photography production essay written... at 2am. I'm such a night owl, I work 100x better in the dead of night! But I'm glad I now have all of this semester's work completed well ahead of deadline day, which is next Wednesday.
7. So, on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, while writing my essay, apparently there was a bit of a snow blizzard in Southampz. Obviously I had to sit and snap a few photos while it started to settle! We ended up having two snow days off Uni on Thursday and Friday. Hello hibernation!
8. Been burning my new Yankee candle all week. The Christmas Cookie one is currently on offer (25% OFF GUYZ!) and smells so beautiful, the scent is much nicer and noticeable than my £2.99 Ikea one! Go & splurge gals, such a festive scent!
9. Finishing off the last of my j-Log, which is my visual inspirations and influence portfolio, as part of my Magazine Photography assignment. Armed with Twitter to relieve me of my boredom! (PS. I literally do about 80% of my Uni work from the comfort of my bed - oh to be a student!)
10. My tights from Thursday's outfit post! Not quite sure why, but I took this photo with all the intention of adding it in the post, and I forgot to include it, boo ): I like to include these just to show the finer details in my outfits, as I wear a lot of patterned tights! These honestly kept me nice and warm during Thursday's snow day!
11. I actually received these hair grips from Sophie at Crown & Glory (thanks Soph!) for winning a Twitter competition last week, but as I was out of action, I hadn't managed to take a decent photo of them! Been wearing these in my hair, pinning the longer bits of my hair away from my face, or to clip the back of my hair to the side, and I really like them: not too flashy, but pretty enough to add a sweet touch to your hair!
12. This week sees the return of my toast and jam obsessions. Currently having strawberry jam on toast, but I might venture over the raspberry side next week. Thoughts on jam flavours?!
13. Made this beautiful - if I must say so myself! - vegetable pasta bake earlier in the week. Well, it was vegetable pasta bake until I added bits of crispy bacon into the mix! I love fusilli pasta with the orange and green pieces, green pasta is so nice! Totally giving Prezzo a run for their money!
14. An awful photo of me, but nice of Emily! This was me and my friend Emily being utter geeks and taking a photo next to the Christmas tree in our Uni library haha (: So jealous of Emily right now, as the day after this was taken, she jetted off to New York for our annual course trip! I'm still kicking myself that I'm living in an expensive flat this year so I couldn't afford the trip in the end. Even more gutted that as we speak, some of the girls are probably ice-skating in Central Park, or on the Gossip Girl set tour! :'(
15. Another Pret lunch ;) Do I need to say any more?!
16. THE SNOOOOW! <3